Newsclips and Archive

Westphalia Delegates visit NED

 

President Alfred Buss of Evangelical Church of Westphalia, Germany paid a four days visits to North Eastern Diocese ELCT together with other 7 members. They were Mrs Christa Buss, Mr. Friedheln Knipp, Mrs. Christa Kroushage, Rev. Dr. Ulrich Moller, Mrs. Anne Rabenschlag, Dr. Manfre Scholle and Mr.Andreas. Reception at Tumaini Hostel

After the arrival at Tumaini Hostel Bishop Stephen Munga with NED staff received the delegates with choir and trumpet songs for love and care, and then the guests were directed to rooms to relax after a long safari.

Bishop Munga and Bishop Buss during introduction

While at Tumaini the NED management had to brief Bishop Buss and his delegates on some NED ongoing projects and other normal duties performed by the Diocese. It was a nice time sharing experience for Church in Tanzania with guest from Germany. The Executive Committee of North Eastern Diocese presents a short speech to President Buss.

Cathedral choir and trumpet choir singing

The day after, guests had time at SEKUCo; Bishop Buss laid a foundation stone on a new lecture theatre at SEKUCo. Please visits (www.sekuco.org) for more details.

Buss at Mtae

However Bishop Buss with Bishop Munga headed to Mtae to launch water project under Prof. Weining from Germany in partnership with Northern deanery. On the way to Mtae guest had time with congregation at Mtae Parish, youth Presented Maji ni uhai drama.

Gathering at Mtae Parish

Later Dr. Moller had private discussion with the villagers and their leaders on the merits and demerits of water project and the challenges. After, all guests joined the discussion and provide some ideas as to strengthen the project.

Together photo at Mtae Water Project

On the way back form Mtae Bishop Buss pass at SEKUCo for brief history and a short presentation from Provost Anneth Munga and Lecturer on daily activities at the University. Delegates had time at SEKUCo and paid visit to University campus surroundings.

Official opening in laying foundation stone

Before they left, the delegates paid a visit to Rainbow School at Irente were they did not meet students on Sunday but received a short history of the school. After their visit, the delegates had last discussions with NED management and briefing on the whole trip they had while at NED.

Sign of Appreciation presented to Bishop Buss from Bishop Munga

Since the 19th century, there have been many efforts to consolidate the fellowship of regional churches. Collaboration among the regional churches began in 1852 with the Eisenach Conference of the German Evangelical Church; it continued with the founding of the Federation of German Evangelical Churches in 1922. You can read more here.